426 Hemi in a '55 Chevy!
On this episode of Roadkill, HOT ROD’s David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan hit the road on a quest to build a car they’ve both dreamed of for years: a ’55 Chevy Bel Air sedan set up like a ’60s Gasser and powered by a Mopar 426 Hemi. The guys drag out a ’73 GMC Suburban that they’d never driven more than around the block (did you expect anything else?), then use it to pick up a bare ’55 Chevy body in California before heading north for the 1,000-mile trip to Lincoln City, Oregon. That’s the home of Jim Meyer Racing, the chassis builder that helps the guys turn the ’55 into a wicked looking hot rod in a single day. There’s no fail in this episode of Roadkill! Well, at least nothing terminal.
Roadkill season 1
- 1-1El Paso To LA: The Hard Way!Feb. 17, 2012
- 1-2Viva Ranchero! Alaska or Bust!Mar. 16, 2012
- 1-3Cheap Truck Challenge!Apr. 13, 2012
- 1-4Extreme Elco Engine Swap!May. 11, 2012
- 1-5Rat Rod vs Lamborghini Aventador!Jun. 09, 2012
- 1-6Thrash Battle! Van vs WagonJul. 06, 2012
- 1-7Release The Draguar! Building a Blown Jaguar Rat RodAug. 03, 2012
- 1-8426 Hemi in a '55 Chevy!Sep. 07, 2012
- 1-9Surviving HOT ROD Drag Week!Nov. 02, 2012
- 1-10727 Cubic Inches and Australian Tire Smoke!Nov. 30, 2012
- 1-11Junkyard 'Cuda Rescue, With Nitrous Oxide!Jan. 11, 2013
- 1-12Chevy vs. Ford Cop-Car Thrash Battle!Feb. 08, 2013