Video Sources 29 Views
Junkyard 'Cuda Rescue, With Nitrous Oxide!
On this episode of Roadkill, David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan of HOT ROD magazine fly out of town, buy a car from a junkyard, make it run and drive, do burnouts, add nitrous, drag race twice, almost die, and the auction off the car at the end. The scene begins at CTC Auto Ranch in Denton, Texas, where the guys score a ’67 Plymouth Barracuda with a 360 V8, but without a carburetor, interior, glass, or brakes. By the time they sort out a number of other mechanical woes, they’re off for some burnouts and some racing at North Star Dragway, right next to the Auto Ranch. Then it’s a 300-mile drive to Houston for the NMCA Lone Star Nationals race. But, as you’ve come to expect from these guys, that doesn’t exactly go smoothly. But then they add NOS nitrous and it makes everything ok as they hang out with Jeff Lutz and Tim Reed from HOT ROD Drag Week right before they have to sell the car and hit the plane home.
Roadkill season 1
- 1-1El Paso To LA: The Hard Way!Feb. 17, 2012
- 1-2Viva Ranchero! Alaska or Bust!Mar. 16, 2012
- 1-3Cheap Truck Challenge!Apr. 13, 2012
- 1-4Extreme Elco Engine Swap!May. 11, 2012
- 1-5Rat Rod vs Lamborghini Aventador!Jun. 09, 2012
- 1-6Thrash Battle! Van vs WagonJul. 06, 2012
- 1-7Release The Draguar! Building a Blown Jaguar Rat RodAug. 03, 2012
- 1-8426 Hemi in a '55 Chevy!Sep. 07, 2012
- 1-9Surviving HOT ROD Drag Week!Nov. 02, 2012
- 1-10727 Cubic Inches and Australian Tire Smoke!Nov. 30, 2012
- 1-11Junkyard 'Cuda Rescue, With Nitrous Oxide!Jan. 11, 2013
- 1-12Chevy vs. Ford Cop-Car Thrash Battle!Feb. 08, 2013